We are proud to be participating in this year’s gathering off all Treaty Nations and Councils to forge a new path forward for the Oyate. We will be uniting and rebuilding our Nation Sovereignty and Independence Movement!
We are inviting all Chiefs, Nacas and treaty councils (at least a representative and 2 enrolled members) to attend: Brule * Oglala * Miniconjou * Yanktonai * Hunkpapa * Blackfeet * Cut Head * Two Kettle * Sans Arcs * Santee * Arapaho * Cheyennes
Please be respectful and traditional clothing is encouraged
Ft Laramie Historic Site, Wyoming
PRIMITIVE CAMPING AVAILABLE WITH REGISTRATION
We will be needing volunteers to make this gathering a success.
Support us with donations through our GoFundMe
OCETI-SAKOWIN OYATE/GREAT SIOUX NATION
Gathering of OSO/GSN Treaty Councils and Treaty Nations
Fort Laramie Historic Site – Wyoming
September 4-6, 2020 – 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Moderators: Dave Swallow, Jr., Oglala Lakota, Oceti-Sakowin Treaty Council
Everett J. Iron Eyes, Sr., SihaSapa, Inyan Woslata Treaty Council
Day 1 – Friday, September 4, 2020 (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM).
- Call to Order and Welcome. (Each Day)
- Prayer. (Each Day)
- Introductions – All Participants. (Treaty Council/Nation, Chairmen, Spokesman, Delegation).
- Overview of Agenda.
- Ceremony – Swearing-In of OSO/GSN Nacas (Chiefs and Headmen), Recognition of OSO/GSN Treaty Councils and Appointment of 2020 Great Sioux Nation Council Members.
- DOJ, DOD AND BIA Legal Requirements – 1868 Fort Laramie Treaty Lawsuit.
- Legal Analysis – SCOTUS McGirt v. Oklahoma (July 9, 2020).
- a. Requirements to Assert and Exercise 1851 and 1868 Fort Laramie Treaties Rights Over Unceded Treaty Territory in Black Hills, USACE Taken Area Lands and Illegal and Unauthorized DAPL and KXL Pipelines Easements and Routes.
- b. Notice and Declaration of Intent to Assert and Exercise 1851 and 1868 Fort Laramie Treaties.
- c. 1934 IRA Tribal Constitutions (Failed Governance Structure Fosters Dependency).
Day 2 – Saturday, September 5, 2020 (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM).
- OSO/GSN – 1934 IRS Report on Treaty Monies and Gold.
- OSO/GSN Black Hills Unity, One Proposal and Designated Spokesman.
- DAPL’s Trespass Over/Under Unceded Territory Violates 1851 Fort Laramie Treaty.
- KXL Construction Activities and Project Violate Federal Law and Treaties.
- Urgent Need to Protect Rights to the Use of Missouri River and Oglalla Aquifer Water.
- OSO/GSN Governance Infrastructure – Charter, Treaty Constitution, Finance Committee, Identification Cards, Full-Blood Roll and Citizen Recognition Requirements.
- OSO/GSN Priority Issues/Treaty Initiatives/Special Projects.
- a. Exercising and Asserting 1851 Fort Laramie Treaty Rights Over Unceded Territory Between the Cannonball and Heart Rivers in North Dakota. Requirements and Process.
- b. 2016 Oceti-Sakowin Campsite – International Memorial Park – Unceded 1851 Fort Laramie Treaty Territory. Process and Requirements.
- c. Emergency MR&I Intake, Treatment Plant, Distribution and Extension Project Located on Suitable Unceded Treaty Territory North of DAPL Crossing – U.S. Congress.
- d. U.N. Statement of OSO/GSN (IWTC) Land Claims and Request to Conduct Investigations Into Treaty Rights and Human Rights Violations By the United States.
- e. Appointment of OSO/GSN Delegation – United Nations-New York City, NY – April 2021.
Day 3 – Sunday, September 6, 2020 (9:00 AM – 12:00 PM).
- Open Discussion On OSO/GSN Recommendations.
- Closing Comments.
- Closing Prayer.